Recipe by Katherine in Alberta
Have to tell you if you like beans, then this is the ultimate bean recipe to have and a much easier way than making baked beans from scratch. My good friend Betty gave me this recipe 14 years ago and from then on these are the only beans I make and everyone raves about them, plus they freeze excellent.
Top Review by Darkhunter
Never would have thought to use pineapple and diced tomatoes. Really tasty! I did cut down the coffee to 1 teaspoon, as I am not fond of coffee, but for once, did not mind it. Thnx for sharing your recipe, Katherine. Made for Comfort Cafe Snow Queen Jan 2010.
- 1⁄4 cup onion
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 48 ounces canned beans (Heinz, etc.)
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple chunks or 1⁄2 cup pineapple tidbits
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1⁄2 cup canned diced tomato