Prep 1 hr
Cook 6 mins
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 (1 1/4 ounce) packages LifeSavers five-flavor roll candy
- Beat margarine or butter, sugar, honey, egg and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer until creamy.
- Mix in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Roll dough on lightly floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Cut dough into desired shapes with 2 1/2- to 3-inch floured cookie cutters.
- Trace smaller version of cookie shape on dough leaving 1/2- to 3/4-inch border of dough.
- Cut out and remove dough from center of cookies; set aside.
- Place cut-out shapes on baking sheets lined with foil.
- Repeat with reserved dough, re-rolling scraps as necessary.
- Crush each color of candy separately between two layers of wax paper with a mallet.
- Spoon crushed candy inside centers of cut-out cookie shapes (about ½ teaspoon for each cookie).
- Bake at 350°F for 6 to 8 minutes or until candy is melted and cookies are lightly browned.
- Cool cookies completely before removing from foil.
Fun recipe! There might be a tad too much baking powder/soda (I did measure those ingredients carefully). The batch I made puffed up a little that it was hard to see the stained glass areas. We also used Jolly Rancher candies for the glass areas and they looked beautiful.