A fun project to do with the kids, for the kids, etc. A great holiday treat idea.
Make and share this Stained Glass Cookie Pops recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- Line cookie sheets with foil.
- Measure first 6 ingredients into the bowl.
- Mix til a soft dough is formed.
- Divide dough into 12 pieces.
- OUTLINES FOR COOKIES: Roll the dough between hands making snake shapes about 1/4- inch thick.
- Place rope on prepared cookie sheet and form into a design.
- (Shapes like dreidles, Jewish stars, etc... for Chanukah, X-mas trees, ornaments for Christmas).
- NOTE: Be sure dough ends are completely pinched together as these will form the outline of the stained glass picture.
- Sprinkle the crushed candies inside the dough outlines, filling the spaces completely and heaping slightly.
- Carefully insert a craft stick into cookie, forming a "lollipop".
- Bake in oven for 8 to 10 minutes, watching carefully.
- Remove cookie sheets from oven and place on counter to cool.
- When cooled, gently peel off foil from each cookie pop.
- You will have created a beautiful created a stained glass effect!
- Wrap each cookie pop in plastic wrap.
- For gift giving, tie with a colorful ribbon.
- These cookies can easily be made by children (with careful supervision).