Prep 5 mins
Cook 16 mins
My friend Stacey significantly modified a recipe she found on allrecipes.com. It's a vegan recipe, and even though I am a happy carnivore, I would eat these veggie burgers over a beef burger any day!
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 2 cups store-brand fresh salsa
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh pepper
- 1 pinch chili powder
- Microwave carrot slices in 1/4 inch water for 2 minutes. Drain.
- Mash carrots and garbanzo beans.
- Add salsa and corn flakes.
- Mix in flour. Add more salsa if mixture is too thick.
- Season with pepper, salt and chile powder.
- Form into 8 patties.
- Either fry on medium high heat (with cooking spray) for 8 minutes per side, until golden brown or spray cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 15 minutes.
These were so delicious! My husband and I truly enjoyed these burgers. The texture is so similar to meat, and they were very simple to make. It was also nice not to have to handle raw meat with my hands during prep. The salsa gives these burgers a nice kick, and the chili powder adds another dimension of flavor. We will make these again and again. Thanks!