Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
An awesome St Patrick's Day dessert.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup cold water, plus
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 unsweetened chocolate square, melted
- 1⁄4 cup creme de menthe
- 1 -2 drop green food coloring
- chocolate shavings
- Soften gelatin in 1 tablespoon water. Combine remaining 1/2 cup water, milk, sugar and egg yolks in top of double boiler. Cook over boiling water, stirring constantly, until thick. Stir in gelatin; remove from heat. Cool until mixture is partially set.
- Divide mixture between 2 medium bowls. Add whipping cream and chocolate to one bowl. Beat egg whites in separate small bowl with electric mixture until soft peaks form. Fold into plain gelatin mixture. Mix in creme de menthe and food coloring.
- Alternate layers of chocolate mixture and mint mixture in 6 parfait glasses. Garnish with chocolate shavings.