You've always heard of Red Velvet, well try this for an interesting St. Patrick's Day treat. They are also good for Mardi Gras.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large mixing bowl combine sugar, oil, egg, vinegar, vanilla, and green food coloring. Mix well.
- 3In another bowl combine flour and baking soda. Alternating add flour mixture and buttermilk to the egg mixture until all is combined.
- 4Line muffin pan with 12 paper liners.
- 5Pour batter in muffin liners. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- 6Remove from pan and let cool. Ice cupcakes with a white or green icing and decorate as desired. I use a cream cheese icing, tinted green and then use various sprinkles and decorator frosting and decorate for whichever holiday I'm making them for.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for St. Paddy's Cupcakes--Green Velvet Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.6
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 18.0 mg
- Sodium 69.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 2.2 g