Recipe by Sherrybeth
You've always heard of Red Velvet, well try this for an interesting St. Patrick's Day treat. They are also good for Mardi Gras.
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon green food coloring
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine sugar, oil, egg, vinegar, vanilla, and green food coloring. Mix well.
- In another bowl combine flour and baking soda. Alternating add flour mixture and buttermilk to the egg mixture until all is combined.
- Line muffin pan with 12 paper liners.
- Pour batter in muffin liners. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and let cool. Ice cupcakes with a white or green icing and decorate as desired. I use a cream cheese icing, tinted green and then use various sprinkles and decorator frosting and decorate for whichever holiday I'm making them for.