Recipe by grandma2969
Tobey loves them..my beloved black cocker spaniel.. If you can find paramount crystals..these are much better than vegetable oil to thin out carob chips for dipping...
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup carob chips
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 12 ounces cream cheese, low fat, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 3 cups carob chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt carob chips in a double boiler.
- Mix other ingredients together and add the melted carob chips.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead.
- Roll the dough to about 1/8" thickness.
- Next cut rectangles 6" long and 1 1/2" wide. Place on a baking sheet that has been sprayed wih a non-stick spray.
- Bake at 350* for 45 minutes.
- Mix all frosting ingredients together.put frosting into a piping bag --
- Pipe frosting between two bars and press together.I just use an icing knife most fo the time.and gently press two bars together.
- DIPPING SAUCE:.
- 3 cups carob chips.
- 1 tsp vegetable oil (or I use about 1/4 cup of paramount crystals).
- After the bar is assembled.dip one end into the dipping sauce and let stand on wire rack over waxed paper or newspaper to dry.