Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Tobey loves them..my beloved black cocker spaniel.. If you can find paramount crystals..these are much better than vegetable oil to thin out carob chips for dipping...
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup carob chips
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 12 ounces cream cheese, low fat, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 3 cups carob chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Melt carob chips in a double boiler.
- Mix other ingredients together and add the melted carob chips.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead.
- Roll the dough to about 1/8" thickness.
- Next cut rectangles 6" long and 1 1/2" wide. Place on a baking sheet that has been sprayed wih a non-stick spray.
- Bake at 350* for 45 minutes.
- Mix all frosting ingredients together.put frosting into a piping bag --
- Pipe frosting between two bars and press together.I just use an icing knife most fo the time.and gently press two bars together.
- DIPPING SAUCE:.
- 3 cups carob chips.
- 1 tsp vegetable oil (or I use about 1/4 cup of paramount crystals).
- After the bar is assembled.dip one end into the dipping sauce and let stand on wire rack over waxed paper or newspaper to dry.