Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This baby food is easy to make and prepare ahead to freeze and use as desired. I used to hand make most of the food my little one ate and it isn't terribly difficult once you get in to groove. You can alway save a few baby food jars and take this with you that way for convenience
- Chop squash and apple.
- Place in a buttered dish and drizzle with yogurt, breast milk or soy milk.
- Bake, covered for 40 minutes at 325F.
- Puree in baby food grinder or blender.
- *Note:Youcan make this in quantity and freeze in ice cube trays.
- After it's frozen, transfer the cubes to small bags to thaw and warm as needed.
I used butternut squash, gala apples and organic whole milk vanilla yogurt. The resulting puree is thick, mildly earthy and sweet. I added about 1 Tbsp of yogurt to loosen the puree. A versatile puree, the baby enjoyed it both hot and cold, alone and mixed in rice cereal. This freezes very well and easily (I love the ice cube tray technique and use it for all kinds of baby food purees.) I will double the recipe next time, as the baby gave claps and giggles and licked his fingers clean!