Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy and kids love it.
- 6 sliced yellow squash
- 8 medium carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 1⁄2 onion (diced)
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese (cubed)
- 4 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine sliced carrots, squash, and onion in large greased casserole pan.
- Stir in beaten eggs until well blended.
- Add remaining ingredients until evenly mixed together.
- Bake for 45 minutes covered, 15 minutes uncovered or until vegetables are tender.
Very easy and delicious. I used yellow squash and baby carrots. A word of warning: Do not keep on warm in the oven for very long because the texture will change.
Made this as part of a family supper with my sons 'inlaws', a very pleasant and different vegetable side-dish, adding colour and comforting taste with the cheese nicely complementing the vegetables. I used cubed pumpkin rather than yellow squash, since I had a lot in the fridge, I therefore pre-cooked the pumpkin and carrots for about 20 minutes, to make sure they would be fully cooked and tender when baked in the sauce. A very nice vegetable dish, made for PAC Spring 2008, thanks, daishasma!