Recipe by Rita~
I came up with this simple spring salad when my garden gave me a bunch of arugula coming up from last years seeds. Then at Trader Joe's was French green beans right from France. And fresh strawberries................. I added spring scallions and my fabulous dill mustard dressing made with my Flavored Sugar or Splenda giving this dressing a what is that flavor? But go ahead and use you favorite sugars........ This is so healthy and yummy you may feel guilty eating this.
Top Review by COOKGIRl
With one quick substitution, I changed this from a spring salad to a fall/winter salad by replacing the strawberries with an heirloom Christmas apple (pomme d'api). The apple certainly wasn't as colorful as a strawberry but it tasted good nevertheless. As for the dressing one warning: very tangy and very sweet. I loved the combination of tangy/sweet with the bite of peppery arugula. Delicious salad I plan to make again and again. I realized quite later on that I forgot to add the basil but I have no doubt it adds dimension to this salad. Thanks, ~Rita~!
- 1 bunch baby greens, washed and drained (or 6 cups romaine lettuce, washed, drained and rough chopped)
- 1 bunch arugula, washed and spun dry
- 1⁄4 lb French haricots vert, frozen french green beans, blanched and cold plunged
- 3 scallions, sliced thin
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1 tablespoon Grey Poupon (harvest coarse ground)
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill weed
- 3 leaves fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar (Flavored Sugar or Splenda )