Recipe by chef ashish damle
This is a pretty recipe. The pomegranate is a beautiful tropical fruit with seeds that are crunchy and help give texture to the whole salad experience. You can change the dressing to your liking, but make sure you use a ratio of 1:3 acid to fat.
Top Review by IngridH
We just loved this salad, but I made a whole lot of changes to the recipe. First, I used raspberry vinegar instead of red wine vinegar, cut the oil down to a 2:1 ratio, and omitted the sugar. I used a romaine blend instead of spring greens (had it on hand), and added crumbled Gorgonzola cheese. Definitely a salad that will be made again!
- 200 g spring greens
- 30 ml red wine vinegar
- 90 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 10 ml honey
- 15 g sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate seeds (fresh)
- 30 g roasted pistachios (ground roughly)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sort through the spring mix salad greens and clean out any leaves that are not completely fresh.
- Mix all ingredients except pomegranate seeds and nuts in a jar or the container of a blender.
- Whirl until smooth.
- Place in refrigerator until needed.
- Just before service, drizzle salad with dressing and arrange on a plate with pomegranate seeds and ground pistachios sprinkled all over.