Pierre Dance's Note:
This was in the little cook booklet that came with my Brinkman Smoker. Naturally I jimmied it about to suit my taste, I'm probably not through changing it but it's wonderful as it now is. I buy steaks on sale, cut them into serving size portions, put them into individual zip lock bags with some of this marinade and freeze them. Take as many as needed from the freezer the night before and let them thaw overnight in the fridge, when evening comes they will be properly marinated and ready to grill or broil or even pan fry. I don't discard the used marinade. I remove the meat and boil the the marinade while grilling the meat then pour the now safe marinade over the meat and serve.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups tomato sauce (home made is by far the best, #76752)
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 limes, juice of (if Key Limes use 8)
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle hot ketchup (regular is OK)
- 1/2 cup ghee (Clarified butter #71031)
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce (Cholula or Tapatio , I use 2 teaspoons)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups onions, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle brown ale or 1 (12 ounce) bottle red ale
- 1 tablespoon Kitchen Bouquet, sauce
- 1 tablespoon coleman dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1Combine all the ingredients in a sauce pan.
- 2Bring to a boil, reduce heat, simmer 20 minutes.
- 3Pour into a blender or use a wand to puree.
- 4Return the pan to heat, simmer 10 minutes more.
- 5Use as a marinade and/or a mop and/or a dipping sauce.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sportsman's Marinade / Bbq / Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1365 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.1
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 27.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 66.8 mg
- Sodium 1836.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 29.5 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: