From the Multi-Cultural Cuisine of Trinidad & Tobago & the Caribbean Naparima Girls' High School Cookbook. This is dairy free and has lemon juice and lime rind...Mmmm. Recipe doesn't say how long to bake so I guessed the time. Also, not sure what "cut with a knife to remove air bubbles" means!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift flour and add salt.
- 2Beat egg yolks until thick and pale in color.
- 3Gradually beat in sugar.
- 4Add lemon juice, lime zest and water.
- 5Fold dry ingredients into egg yolk mixture.
- 6Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into batter.
- 7Pour batter into ungreased 9" tube pan; cut with a knife to remove air bubbles.
- 8Bake in a preheated 325 degree F. oven until top springs back when touched.
- 9Invert and cool completely.
- 10Loosen cake with a spatula and shake from pan.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sponge Cake from Trinidad
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.8
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 108.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 25.2 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: