Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
For photos and more visit www.snackingsquirrel.com
- 5 cups filtered water
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried split peas
- 2 cups diced onions
- 1⁄2 cup diced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup cubed potato
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (or table)
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch thyme
- Bring water and vegetables to boil in a pot.
- Add split peas, stir, then reduce heat to simmer.
- Partially cover and simmer for 1.5 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add spices at the end, a few minutes prior to completion.
- Serve, and enjoy!