Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
This is a special version of the "good ole" spinach-strawberry salad that makes quite an impressive presentation. Wonderful for St. Valentine's Day or any day you want to show off a little! The recipe is from our northern AZ electric co-op company. Note that timing is based on using bagged baby spinach that is already washed.
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 1⁄3 cup light olive oil
- 8 cups spinach, rinsed, stemmed and torn into pieces
- 3⁄4 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped (Or toasted almond slices)
- 1 cup fresh raspberry, gently rinsed and drained on paper towels
- 3 kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Dressing: Combine vinegar and jam in blender or small bowl. Add oil in thin stream, blending well.
- Toss spinach with 1/2 of the nuts, 1/2 of the raspberries, 1/2 of the kiwis and the dressing.
- Top with the remaining nuts, raspberries, and kiwis. Serve immediately.