Recipe by Tina and Dave
This comes from the back of a carton of Splenda granulated. I can't see this anywhere else on Zaar. It can be eaten hot or cold.
- 50 g pudding rice
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 25 g nonfat dry milk powder
- 600 ml 1% low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 150c (140c if using a fan oven), gas mark 2 (for us Brits!).
- In a 1 litre openproof dish, combine the rice, skimmed powder, Splenda and milk. Stir.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoonsful of nutmeg over the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes in the middle of the oven.
- Remove from the oven and stir in the skin - or remove it. Then sprinkle the other 1/2 teaspoonsful of nutmeg over the top and return top the oven.
- Bake for another 45 minutes until golden brown, the rice soft and most of the liquid absorbed.