Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A variation on a Food Network recipe substituting Splenda for sugar.
Make and share this Splenda Mixed Berry Cobbler recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 cup powdered milk
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable shortening
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups blackberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon, zest of
- 3⁄4 cup water
- Combine all crust ingredients except shortening in a bowl; cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Place in an airtight container, store in a cool dry place while preparing other fruit mixture.
- In a bowl, toss the fruit with Splenda, cornstarch, lemon juice and zest; let sit for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place butter in a cast iron Dutch oven (5 to 6 quarts), or a large cast iron skillet (what I use); place on stove to melt butter; remove from heat.
- In a bowl, combine the Crust mixture with the water and mix until just combined; pat out dough until formed into a large round patty big enough to fit into bottom of skillet with a small amount up the sides.
- Spoon the fruit mixture over the dough.
- Place in oven and bake 30 to 40 minutes until dough is golden brown and risen, and the fruit is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes.