Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Diabetic Exchanges: 1 1/2 starches, 1 fruit, and 3 fats. This came the back of a Splenda brown sugar bag. My family really enjoyed this apple crisp. It was easy to make.
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups rome apples, peeled and thinly sliced (1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 1⁄4 cups quick cooking oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup all purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray an 8x8x2-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Filling: Combine Splenda, flour, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add apples, tossing to coat. Spoon into prepared pan. Set aside.
- Topping: Combine oatmeal, flour, Splenda, and walnuts in a bowl; stir in butter. Mixture will be crumbly. Spoon over apple mixture.
- Bake 45 minutes or until apples are bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm.