Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe that I adapted slightly from Rachael Ray. It is fantastic and has unusual flavors. It tastes even better the second day after the flavors have soaked into the shrimp. Serve with rice pilaf and a green veggie or salad to make it a main dish.
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 2 ounces hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 shallots or 1⁄4 white onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut in pieces
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Combine the lime juice, zest, hot sauce, cumin, red pepper flakes and Old Bay.
- Saute the garlic in shallots in the olive oil and butter for about a minute. Add the shrimp and cook, 3 minutes or until pink and firm. Dump hot shrimp into seasoning blend and toss to coat. Serve hot or cold.
Dicentra...these were yummy. I served them chilled. I used only 1 ounce of Cholula hot sauce and the dish was plenty hot. Thanks!!
Made this for ZWT III and was it ever delicious! I have never used Old Bay Seasoning before, but wow that stuff is great, and so is this recipe!!