Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
These energy balls are easy to make and taste great.
- 1⁄2 cup whole almond
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon flax seed
- 1⁄4 cup quick oats, cooked
- 1 banana, mashed
- 3 medjool dates, pitted (raisins can be used as a substitute for dates)
- 2 tablespoons fresh spirulina, paste
- Preheat an oven to 300F (150C).
- Cook the quick oats according to the instructions to avoid under cooking the oats or extra water.
- In a food processor add the almonds, sunflower seeds and flax seeds and pulse until coarse. Do not blend the nuts too long because you want the texture of the nuts in the bar. Once blended put the nuts in a bowl large enough to accommodate the remaining ingredients.
- Next, add the cooked oats, banana, dates, fresh spirulina paste and puree. Once smooth add the puree to the nuts and mix thoroughly.
- Roll the paste into eight balls and put them on a baking tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes. These balls are ready to eat once they have cooled or you can store in a refrigerator up for to one week.