Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
This is a lovely, tasty appetizer that always impresses guests. It's a little labor intensive but everything can be done beforehand, even the day before, and you're ready to serve when the guests arrive.
- 2 whole large chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb fresh spinach, use the flat kind of leaf,not the curly-leafed spinach
- lettuce leaf, for serving
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh ginger
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- In a 3-qt.
- saucepan simmer the chicken breasts in the chicken broth, 1/4 C.
- soy sauce and 1 T.
- Worcestershire until tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the broth and let cool.
- Save broth for another use, if desired.
- Thoroughly wash the spinach leaves and remove the stems.
- Reserve smaller leaves for another use.
- Pour 2-3 qts.
- of boiling water over the larger leaves set in a colander in the sink.
- Let drain and set aside.
- When breasts are cool, discard the bones and skin and cut the meat into 1-inch cubes.
- To assemble: place a chicken cube at the stem end of a spinach leaf.
- Roll over once, fold leaf in on both sides, and continue rolling around the chicken pieces.
- Secure the end of the leaf with a toothpick and chill in the fridge.
- To prepare dip: in a small serving bowl combine dip ingredients.
- Stir gently to combine.
- Chill for 4 hours in the fridge before serving.
- To serve: line a serving platter with lettuce leaves.
- Place dip bowl in the center and surround with the spinach-wrapped chicken pieces.
- Note: I've stated this makes about 50 pieces but that's approximate-- it really depends on the size of your chicken breasts.