Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Cooked spinach gets some crunch to it. Calories: 242 Fat: 16 g Carbohydrates: 23 g Protein: 7.2 g
- 1⁄2 cup plump golden raisin (may use regular raisins too)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1⁄4 lbs baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated lemon peel
- salt and pepper
- Place raisins in a bowl and pour boiling water over them until just covered and let sit for 5 minutes. Drain thoroughly, then set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet, over medium-high heat then add pine nuts and sauté until they turn golden. Add garlic and sauté for an additional minute. Stir in raisins and then add spinach leaves. Stir ingredients until spinach has wilted, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add lemon peel. Season with salt and pepper to taste.