Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
Tortellini with spinach, roasted red peppers, fresh basil and nuts.
- 2 (9 ounce) packagesof fresh spinach tortellini
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup of chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 cup ranch dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Slice the red peppers into strips set aside.
- In medium saucepan, heat oil; add garlic and sauté about 2 minutes.
- Add red pepper strips, basil, and tortellini.
- Stir to coat; add nuts.
- Stir in enough dressing so that mixture is creamy and tortellini is coated.
- Serve hot.