Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
A low-carb treat from the American Egg Board.
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- fresh chives, chopped,for garnish (optional)
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise; remove yolks and reserve.
- Blend together cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, sour cream, green onions, reserved yolks, seasoned salt and pepper; stir in spinach and mix well.
- Spoon or pipe into egg white halves and garnish with chives.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour; serve cold.
An interesting twist on deviled eggs. They had a really nice texture, and there was definitely enough filling for them to be overstuffed. Unfortunately, they were a bit bland, even after being left in the fridge for several hours. Thanks for sharing!
These are great! I cut the recipe back to use only 3 eggs, as I was cooking for just myself. I had fresh spinach on hand which I steamed, drained well and chopped for these eggs. Mmmmm. The blend of flavors is perfect. I wondered about the cream cheese in the combo, but it really did something for the filling of these eggs. Wonderful! Will make them again. :)