1 hr 30 mins
This is an another overnight breakfast casserole. It has a good combination of flavors.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1Grease a 13 X 9" casserole.
- 2Brown sausage and onions. Drain. Arrange in casserole.
- 3Chop peppers, reserving some for garnish. Sprinkle over sausage. Top with spinach.
- 4Combine dry ingredients.
- 5In another bowl, combine eggs and milk; beat until smooth. Add egg mixture to flour mixture; beat until well blended. Pour over spinach.
- 6Refrigerate overnight.
- 7Bake in 425 oven 20 to 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- 8Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over top. Garnish as desired. Bake an additional 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Sausage Brunch Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 591.0
- Calories from Fat 326
- Total Fat 36.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 354.9 mg
- Sodium 1938.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 35.6 g