Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an another overnight breakfast casserole. It has a good combination of flavors.
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Grease a 13 X 9" casserole.
- Brown sausage and onions. Drain. Arrange in casserole.
- Chop peppers, reserving some for garnish. Sprinkle over sausage. Top with spinach.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, combine eggs and milk; beat until smooth. Add egg mixture to flour mixture; beat until well blended. Pour over spinach.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Bake in 425 oven 20 to 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over top. Garnish as desired. Bake an additional 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.