1/2 Photos of Spinach Salad W/ Pan-Seared Scallops and Warm Bacon Dressing
the mix'n vix'n's Note:
I love bacon!! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle Scallops with salt/pepper/garlic salt and set aside.
- 2In a large dry non-stick skillet crisp up bacon strips until they reach your desired crispiness. Scoop out bacon crisps onto a flat paper towel. Drain off half the bacon grease into a container or coffee mug. Set aside.
- 3To remaining bacon grease, add seasoned scallops in single layer to pan. Once you add to the pan, let brown for 4-5 minutes without disturbing them. Flip and repeat browning process for another 4-5 minute
- 4Remove from pan to reserved paper towel where you put your cooked bacon crisps.
- 5Add two tbsp of reserved bacon grease to hot pan. Add diced onion. Season with salt/pepper/garlic salt and saute until tender. Add garlic and stir often to avoid burning. Once garlic is soft, add white wine to hot pan and scrap up all the pits on the bottom. Bring to a boil then reduce to low heat and simmer until slightly reduced. Add butter and stir until melted.
- 6Add the scallops back into the dressing and cook for 2-3 minutes until heated through.
- 7Divide fresh spinach onto serving plates, or place in center of one large serving platter. Arrange scallops on bed of spinach. Pour warm dressing over salad and sprinkle with reserved bacon crisps.
- 8Serve warm and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Salad W/ Pan-Seared Scallops and Warm Bacon Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.0
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 50.6 mg
- Sodium 616.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 17.8 g