Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A casserole from the classic "Diet for a Small Planet", by Frances Moore Lappe. Simple vegetarian fare, serve it with a vegetable in a contrasting color (carrots, crookneck squash, etc.), or make it as a side dish for simply cooked meat.
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (3/4 c. raw)
- 3⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- Combine rice and cheese. In a separate bowl combine eggs, parsley, salt, and pepper.Add the two mixtures to the spinach and pour into an oiled casserole. Mix wheat germ and butter and spread on top. Bake for 35 minutes.