Prep 4 mins
Cook 6 mins
Recipe from Ryland, Peters, and Small's Tapas Cookbook. This would be a great side dish with grilled fish or chicken too!
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons fruity olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted in a dry skillet
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 8 ounces fresh spinach (about 2 cups)
- 1 pinch sweet paprika
- sea salt
- black pepper
- Soak the raisins in warm water for 3 minutes, then drain.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet, add the pine nuts and garlic.
- Cook for 1 minute, then add the sherry and boil for 1 minute.
- Add the spinach and paprika and toss well to coat with the juices.
- Cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, then add the drained raisins, salt and pepper to taste and serve!
Pretty nice spinach thank you. I used roasted garlic puree but otherwise made the recipe as written.