Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Weight Watchers Vegetarian Cookbook. Based on the dish that is common in Greece - Spanakopita. It is Phyllo filled with Spinach and Feta cheese. OOMPAH!!!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 12 scallions, sliced
- 2 (10 ounce) packageschopped fresh spinach (I use frozen)
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled feta
- 2⁄3 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 minced dill
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 sheets phyllo dough, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350*; spray cooking spray on square 8" pan.
- In skillet, heat oil and add scallions, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add spinach and cook 3-5 minutes or until wilted.
- Transfer to medium bowl and add cheese, dill, eggs and pepper.
- Spray 1 phyllo sheeet with cooking spray- top with another phyllo sheet and spray it, too.
- Line baking pan with these 2 sheets, letting edges hand over sides.
- Spread on spinach mixture and cover the filling with 4 remaining phyllo sheets- spraying each sheet and tucking into pan.
- Fold in outside sheets and bake until golden, 30-35 minutes.
made this last night YUMMY_YUMMY but i wish i knew how much dill to use i guessed at 1/2 tsp. if you know please let me know thanks boy we sure did ENJOY