Recipe by Shari2
I found this recipe in Women's World Dec. 9,2003 issue. This is a very tasty dish and low in fat.
Top Review by swein563
I've been making this recipe for years with much success. The only change I've made is putting more layers of phyllo dough than just the 4 that the recipe asks for. I figure they give you a bunch of sheets, might as well use them.
- 15 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed/drained
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sliced scallion
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 sheets phyllo dough
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat a 9 inch pie dish with cooking spray.
- In a bowl combine all ingredients except for the phyllo dough, oil and breadcrumbs.
- Place 1 sheet of phyllo dough in the pie dish.
- Brush with oil and sprinkle with 1 Tbs breadcrumbs.
- Repeat with phyllo, oil and breadcrumbs until all are used.
- Place spinach mixture into pie dish.
- Fold the edges of phyllo dough over to seal.
- Cut 4 steam vents in top of dish.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes.