Recipe by RobinW
This is a yummy dish, good for a light family dinner when served with a salad, or as a pitch in dish. This recipe was donated to our Temple cookbook by Marilyn, a wonderful lady and excellent cook. I added a few shortcuts and deveoped the two-step preparation.
Top Review by Chef MB
Easy and delicious. I used 16 oz of frozen spinach because that was what I had. I found the onion stayed a little too crispy, so I would probably soften it in the microwave next time. I used light cheddar instead of mozzarella, and used egg substitute. I thought it was wonderful, my husband liked it, my 11 yo daughter liked it, and the 9 yo picked it apart and ate the cheesy eggy bits. Ah, well.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped (can use dried minced Onions as a short cut)
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, stems and pieces
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup Bisquick
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Squeeze water from Spinach.
- Place Spinach in a greased 9" Pie Plate.
- Add Onions, Mushrooms and Cheese.
- *Note:recipe can be prepared to this point, then refrigerated for completion later in the day
- In a bowl, beat Eggs, then add Bisquick, salt and Pepper.
- Add milk gradually.
- Pour over Spinach.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 40 minutes.