Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Simple and Quick recipe that tastes exactly the opposite... I used frozen chopped spinach, however, fresh baby spinach cut into a chiffonade brings a freshness to the sauce that marries with the fresh parsley... Also, any mushrooms will do, and reduced fat sour cream is perfect, the fat free version tastes artificial in this sauce...This all started with what I had on hand... Saute some chicken tenders and serve all over pasta...Yummy! Let me know what you think...
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 3⁄4 cup light cream
- 5 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- 2 -3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Drizzle the pan with olive oil and add the butter. Throw in the mushrooms and season that with a bit of salt and pepper. Add the spinach and let it thaw a bit, add the chicken stock and let that simmer. It shoud reduce a bit. The Cream is next, add that at a lower heat and add the Gorgonzola. The sauce should be fairly thick at this point, add the sour cream and parsley, stir fairly continuously -- Done! Literally 10 minutes or so.