Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Lasagna with out tomatoes. Kids love this recipe! You can add sausage to make a non vegetarian version.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 29 ounces alfredo sauce
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 9 whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 1 pint part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces shredded carrots
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a 10x15 inch lasagna pan with cooking spray.
- Place the spinach in a medium bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4 minutes. Mix in ricotta. Beat the egg with a wire whisk, and add it to the spinach and ricotta. Stir well to blend.
- Combine pasta sauce with milk in a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Spread about 1/2 cup pasta sauce mixture evenly in the bottom of the dish. Place 3 uncooked noodles over the sauce. Spread half of the spinach mixture over the noodles. Sprinkle with half of the carrots. Place 3 more noodles over the top. Pour 1 1/2 cups sauce over the noodles. Spread the remaining spinach mixture over the sauce, followed by layers of the remaining carrots. Place 3 more noodles over top. Pour remaining sauce evenly on top. Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese. Spray a sheet of aluminum foil with cooking spray. Cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil, spray side down.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes. Remove from oven, uncover, and spoon some sauce over the exposed top noodles. Turn the oven off, and place the uncovered dish back into the warm oven for 15 more minutes. Serve at once, or let rest until ready to serve.
I made this today and it was very good, even though I misread the recipe and sort of confused it with another. I mixed the spinach, ricotta, beaten egg, and milk together with the Alfredo sauce and it worked perfectly. I added skim milk mozzarella and shredded Parmesan on top of every layer before the noodles went down like another recipe I printed recommended. <br/><br/>The only reason I did not give this recipe 5-stars is because a 5-star dish is a perfection and heaven on a plate This was very, very, good and it will certainly become a regular in my house but I don't believe it warrants 5-stars. I will probably mix everything together again because it was really easy and turned out well. I used light Alfredo sauce and it was still very flavorful.
Definite YUM! This is the first lasagna-esque recipe I ever tried, and it was amazing. Even my stepdad was surprised at how well it came out. I added in a layer of broccoli and it turned out perfect. This is also great for leftovers. <3
Yum!! Great lasagna! I added a layer of zucchini but other than that I followed the recipe exactly. For the alfredo sauce, I doubled recipe #52892 (Olive Garden Garlic Alfredo Sauce) and it turned out great! Definitely something I will make again!