Recipe by Sara 76
I snipped this from a magazine during the Olympics when they were in Athens.
Top Review by davianng
Excellent flavor. I was unsure how to slice the phyllo and roll them up, though. I tried several different orientations, so had some long thin "batons" and some little "packages". I also had to bake them for 35 minutes before they began to look "cooked". Although not pretty, these do have great taste!
- 500 g frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 50 g pine nuts
- 200 g feta, crumbled
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 teaspoons dill
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 8 sheets phyllo pastry
- 60 g butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, add shallots and pine nuts, cook for 3 minutes. Remove pan from the heat, add the spinach, feta, eggs, dill, parmesan, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Grease a large baking tray. Take two sheets of the filo, covering the remaining with a damp teatowel. Brush the first sheet with melted butter, place the second one on top, then cut the sheets into 4 strips.
- Spread one generous tablespoon of the mixture on the bottom of each strip. Brush the edges of the filo with melted butter, and then begin to roll up, sealing the ends with more melted butter where necessary.
- Place the batons onto the tray, brush the tops with butter, and bake in the oven for 20 minutes, until golden.