Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a combination of my spinach lasagna recipe and the concept of JackieOhNo's idea to use frozen eggplant cutlets and additional tweaking on my part. Thanks JackieOhNo for the brilliant idea.
- 24 ounces prepared spaghetti sauce, I use Bertolli Arrabbiata Sauce
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes, I use Muir Glen Fire Roasted
- 24 ounces cottage cheese, I use 2%
- 8 ounces no-boil lasagna noodles
- 16 ounces frozen eggplants, cutlets
- 4 eggs or 4 Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 2 -3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray 13 x 9 pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl combine spaghetti sauce and undrained tomatoes.
- In a separate bowl combine cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, spinach and eggs.
- Spread a light layer of sauce in bottom of 13 x 9 pan.
- Top with layer of lasagna noodles, half of the spinach, egg mixture, 1 cup of tomato mixture and 1/2 of the eggplant.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with remaining sauce.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover pan and bake for 15 minutes or until mixture is bubbling.
- Let sit for 15 minutes before serving.