Recipe by Kevin Simon
A terrific accompaniment to any dish or use regular white mushroom caps for a great appetizer
Top Review by Julie F
I used Swiss cheese as suggested by a previous user, and also added some minced garlic from a jar to the spinach mixture. Still, it wasn't very flavorful and I wouldn't make it again.
- 6 -8 medium portabella mushroom caps (cleaned and stemmed)
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 2 eggs
- 2 (6 ounce) cans lump crabmeat
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 -5 tablespoons parmesan cheese (to taste)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (to taste)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Defrost spinach and thoroughly squeeze out all excess fluid.
- Drain crabmeat well.
- Mix together spinach, eggs, cheeses, bread crumbs crabmeat, garlic & salt. Saving 1/2 of the Mozzarella for topping.
- Stuff into mushroom caps.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake on cookie sheet 400 degrees for approx 20 minute.