Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
from cooking light, a healthy casserole.
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 (6 ounce) bagsfresh Baby Spinach
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch fresh ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- preheat oven to 350.
- spray a 13x9" pan with spray and add melted butter to coat.
- place spinach in bottom of dish, sprinkle with cheeses.
- combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- pour into pan and bake for 40 minutes until lightly browned.
This makes a wonderful breakfast or brunch. I made this even a bit healthier by using 1 cup of liquid egg whites in place of egg substitute...... it worked just fine. After reading the previos review, I was very generous with the amounts of salt, pepper, and cayenne. I kept the nutmeg at just a dash, though. I will make this often. Thanx!
This dish was good but it was missing a bit of spices - would add more next time! Nice mix of cheese and spinach - we did enjoy it with some chicken. Thanks chia! :)