Recipe by vosmom2
People rave about this dish and it is one of the easiest things to make. I have made it in the microwave from beginning to end when I was short on time. It tastes the best, though, when you bake it in the oven. It adapts well to different temps of the oven depending on what kind of meat is cooking.
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 1 (3 ounce) can French fried onion rings (divided)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Thaw spinach and squeeze as much moisture as possible out.
- Heat cream cheese, soup and half of onion rings until you can stir them together smoothly. I do this step in the microwave in the 1.5 quart dish I will serve it in but I have also done it in a saucepan on the stove.
- Stir in the spinach. Mix well so that there are no big clumps of spinach.
- Top with remaining onion rings.
- Bake until hot and bubbly and onion rings are golden. Usually around 25-30 minute May want to cover with foil to prevent overbrowning of onion rings.