1/5 Photos of Spinach Cakes With Gouda Cheese Sauce
A great side or use for a brunch.
My Private Note
small c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 150 g frozen spinach, well drained and squeezed with paper towel
- 1/2 cup smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped fine (undrained)
smoked gouda cheese sauce
- 1THE CAKES.
- 2Mix in a large bowl, the flour, baking powder and the salt; separate the spinach as much as possible and add to the flour mix with the shredded cheese, mix well and make a well in the centre, set aside.
- 3In another bowl mix together the eggs, milk, sun dried tomatoes with their oil, mix well and pour into the well in the flour mix; Mix only until well moistened. Dough will be lumpy.
- 4On a grill or a large fry pan drop 1/4 cup of dough, spread lightly, do not crowd. Grill 'til bubbles appear on the edges and the cake raises; about 3 to 4 minutes flip and brown the other side; remove to oven proof platter, keep warm in a 200°F degree oven. Repeat until all batter is used.
- 5SMOKED GOUDA CHEESE SAUCE.
- 6Heat butter in saucepan; mix together flour, cayenne and dry mustard; add to butter, stirring constantly until thickened, about 1 minutes.
- 7Slowly add milk while constantly stirring with a whisk. Bring to boil while whisking, when thickened remove from heat. Immediately add shredded smoked Gouda cheese, stirring until melted; keep warm.
- 8PUT TOGETHER.
- 9Arrange cakes in a pile on platter; pour cheese sauce over and let drip down sides.
- 10Or serve cheese sauce separately and pour over cakes on separate plates.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Cakes With Gouda Cheese Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.8
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 116.4 mg
- Sodium 458.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 16.3 g