Recipe by LonghornMama
From the October/November 2001 issue of Taste of Home, this was a 2nd place winner, credited to Carol Hicks.
Top Review by ellie_
Great supper! My ds made this for supper and we all loved it! The only change we made was using peas instead of spinach (out of spinach) and used only 1/2 of the cream cheese suggested (again all I hand on hand). I think the leftovers will be great for lunches! Thanks for sharing!
- 6 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) jar meatless sauce
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Add eggs and Parmesan cheese.
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-inch deep dish pie plate.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Between two pieces of waxed paper, roll out cream cheese into a 7 inch circle.
- Place in the crust.
- Top with spinach and meat sauce.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until set.