Recipe by Chef Beebee
Of course, you can make many a variation on this savory pie (aka quiche), but this is my family's favorite. And a great dish to make ahead for guests (served at breakfast or brunch) or frozen and brought out on a night when cooking is the last thing on your mind. It is delicious! Tossed spinach salad is a wonderful accompaniment.
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts (I use frozen)
- 6 -8 slices bacon, crumbled
- 6 ounces mushrooms
- Baby Spinach, washed
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake frozen pie crust according to directions (10-12 minutes or until just starting to color). Remove from oven and lower temperature to 375 degrees.
- Fry bacon until crisp, drain on papertowels, and use tablespoon of bacon drippings to cook mushrooms (8-10 minutes). Add spinach for last couple of minutes, just until tender. Turn off heat and add back crumbled bacon.
- Whisk eggs and milk together. Stir in spinach-bacon-mushroom mixture plus 1/4 cup cheese. Sprinkle other 1/4 cup cheese on bottom of pie crust. Pour mixture into pre-baked pie-crust and set on cookie sheet to bake for about 35 minutes.
- Let pie rest for 10 minutes before cutting it into wedges.