Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I hope you will enjoy this wonderful salad I discovered in the California Strawberry Commission.
- 236.59 ml strawberry, stemmed
- 118.29 ml orange juice
- 29.58 ml raspberry vinegar
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 19.71 ml honey
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1892.72 ml trimmed spinach leaves
- 453.59 g asparagus spear, blanched and drained
- 59.16 ml toasted slivered almonds
- Make Dressing: Combine strawberries, juice, vinegar, oil, honey and salt in container of electric blender or food processor.
- Pulse on and off, dressing should be slightly chunky.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- For each serving: measure 2 cups spinach onto each of four plates.
- Top each with one-fourth of the asparagus and drizzle with about 1/3 cup dressing.
- Sprinkle with 1 tbsp almonds.
This strawberry dressing is fantastic! I added 1 ts grenadine for colour, which is not absolutely necessary, though.
Awesome salad. I love the strawberry/orange flavor of this dressing very fresh tasting. More honey can be added depending on the sweetness of your strawberries. Mine were very sweet so I only used three teaspoons, just right for our tastes. The asparagus spears are a nice addition to this salad. First time having strawberry dressing on a salad I was pleasantly surprised. Thanks for posting this recipe its one that we will enjoy again!
Awesome! I followed the recipe as posted and it was perfect. I have never made strawberry dressing before; it was spectacular. I took this to a bbq this weekend - the recipe makes enough to share as a side-dish with a crowd. Thanks for sharing; I'll be making this again!