Recipe by tammyhensley1
From Rachael Ray's Everyday Food magazine. A healthier way to get the yummy taste of spinach-artichoke dip.
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, 1 finely chopped and 1 peeled
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and wrung dry in a kitchen towel
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- olive oil, for drizzling
- 4 slices crusty bread, thick-cut
- 4 slices of ripe beefsteak tomatoes, 1/2 inches thick
- 1 (14 ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and thinly sliced
- 8 slices provolone cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat a grill, grill pan or large non-stick skillet to medium-high. If using a grill pan or skillet, preheat the broiler.
- Place the ground turkey in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add the lemon zest, parmigiano-regiano, finely chopped garrlic, spinach, thyme, and a drizzle of olive oil (about 2 tablespoons), and combine. Form into 4 patties and cook the burgers until firm and cooked through, about 6 minutes on each side.
- If cooking the patties on a grill, place the bread alongside the patties, grill on both sides and remove. If using a grill pan or skillet, broil the bread on both sides until toasted. Rub the toasted bread with the remaining garlic. Place the bread on plates and top with a slice of tomato, then season the tomatoes with salt and pepper.
- In the last two minutes of the burgers' cooking time, divide the sliced artichokes evenly among the burgers, then cover each with 2 slices of provolone. If cooking on the grill, drop the lid to melt the cheese. If cooking on the stovetop, tent your grill pan or skillet with aluminum foil. Place a burger on top of each of the tomato slices and serve immediately.