Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Most people think this seems like an odd combination, but it really is delicious. An unusual take on your standard spinach salad.
- 2 cups fresh spinach, torn or chopped
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 hardboiled egg, cut into large chunks
- 2 green apples, chopped
- 4 slices bacon, sliced and cooked (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Mix dressing ingredients together. Put all other ingredients in a bowl and add dressing. Toss to coat.
This review is for the salad only-not the dressing. I love spinach salads and this one was great! I don't eat pork so I didn't add the bacon. I have my own favorite dressing that I use on spinach salads that is fat free so that's what I used. I loved the addition of the apple pieces. Very nice! Thanks so much for posting!!
This is a wonderful salad. We absolutely loved the addition of the apples. The brown sugar dressing is a perfect for this salad and I plan on making this over and over again. Thanks for sharing, StephanieDiane.
This recipe seemed so simple but it turned out really tasty. The flavours really work together. I used a red apple and red onion because that%u2019s all I had and no bacon. It was delicious and obviously a healthy option. It%u2019s one I%u2019ll be making again. Thank you Stephanie