Recipe by StephanieDiane
Most people think this seems like an odd combination, but it really is delicious. An unusual take on your standard spinach salad.
Top Review by mydesigirl
This review is for the salad only-not the dressing. I love spinach salads and this one was great! I don't eat pork so I didn't add the bacon. I have my own favorite dressing that I use on spinach salads that is fat free so that's what I used. I loved the addition of the apple pieces. Very nice! Thanks so much for posting!!
- 2 cups fresh spinach, torn or chopped
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 hardboiled egg, cut into large chunks
- 2 green apples, chopped
- 4 slices bacon, sliced and cooked (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 small garlic clove, minced