Recipe by spatchcock
This is fantastic. I've been trying to eat more healthily and so I have been trying to give up olive oil. Not easy. And I *know* it's a good fat, but I don't need ANY fat right now! So the inclusion of tofu in the dressing makes this taste more "sinful" than it really is.
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, snipped into slivers
- 1 clove garlic, smashed (I used about 3 cloves)
- 10 ounces tender spinach leaves, stemmed and washed
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans or 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 3⁄4 ounces smoked tofu, diced
For Tofu Dressing
- 1⁄2 cup lf silken tofu
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white miso or 1 tablespoon barley miso
- 1 tablespoon honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sun-dried tomatoes and garlic in a small saucepan.
- Add water to just cover.
- Heat until steaming.
- Remove the pan from the heat, cover and set aside until tomatoes are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Remove tomatoes from the soaking liquid, but do not discard liquid or garlic.
- To make the dressing, combine tofu, shallots, vinegar, miso, honey and 2 tablespoons of the soaking liquid in a blender or food processor.
- If you like, add the garlic.
- Puree until smooth.
- In a salad bowl, combine spinach leaves, beans, smoked tofu and sun-dried tomatoes and toss with the dressing.