Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
My family loves Kittencal's Chicken Crescent Roll Casserole, but I've found they don't fit into my diet very well. So this is my lower fat/veggie added adaption of her wonderful recipe. Thanks Kit!
- 2 (8 ounce) cansgarlic butter flavored refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, grated (for sprinkling on top)
- 2 ounces neufchatel cheese (very soft)
- 2 tablespoons butter (very soft)
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped cooked turkey
- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed
- 3 green onions, sliced (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup (with herb)
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a baking pan with non-stick spray.
- In a bowl, mix the neufchatel and butter until very smooth.
- Add the turkey, spinach, onion, and seasonings; mix well until combined (If the mixture is too dry, add a little whipping half and half).
- Unroll the crescent rolls.
- Place 1 heaping tablespoon stuffing mixture on top of each crescent triangle, then roll up starting at the thicker end.
- Place the crescent rolls seam-side down in the pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- In a saucepan, mix together all sauce ingredients; heat just until the cheese melts (do not boil).
- Remove rolls from oven; pour sauce over rolls, then sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup grated cheese.
- Return to oven and bake for 15 more minutes.