1/1 Photo of Spinach and Shells Pie
1 hr 5 mins
A yummy vegetarian casserole with the slightest bit of a kick. This dish is rich, cheesy, delicious, and healthy! I use "The Beast" hot sauce in this and it gives a nice subtle flavor to the filling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Bring large pot of salted water to a boil and grease a 9-inch deep pie pan.
- 3Sprinkle pie pan with two tablespoons of breadcrumbs, tilting to coat evenly.
- 4In a small bowl, mix remaining breadcrumbs with 1 tsp olive oil and set aside.
- 5Heat 2 tsp olive oil in small skillet.
- 6Add onion and cook until softened.
- 7Add macaroni to boiling water and cook until just tender.(About 5 minutes).
- 8Drain and rinse under cold water.
- 9In large bowl, wisk together eggs, milk, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- 10Stir in cheese, cooked onion, spinach and macaroni.
- 11Pour into prepared pan and top evenlly with breadcrumb mixture.
- 12Bake uncovered for 45 minutes until lightly golden and tip of knife comes out clean.
- 13Cut into wedges and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and Shells Pie
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.9
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 125.5 mg
- Sodium 294.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 12.0 g