Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From little ideas diabetes by Jody Vassallo.
- 100 g Baby Spinach (English 3 1/2oz)
- 75 g low-fat ricotta cheese (2 1/2oz)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
- cracked black pepper
- 12 wonton wrappers
- cooking spray (olive oil spray specified)
- Preheat oven to 200C (400F/Gas 6).
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Wash the spinach and put into a pan and cover and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until wilted and cool slightly and then squeeze out any moisture and finely chop.
- Put the chopped spinach, ricotta and parmesan into a bowl and mix to combine and season with cracked black pepper.
- Place 1 teaspoon of the filling in the centre of each won ton wrapper and brush the edges with water and fold over to form a triange and then press the edges with a fork to seal.
- Place the pillows on the prepared tray and lightly spray with olive oil spray and bake for 15 minutes or until crisp and golden.
Good for an appetizer with some marinara sauce. Made with garlic, could of used a little salt.
Nice crispy little appetizer! These tasty little pillows were very easy to make. Made as written, but may add a little garlic next time. Baked at 400F and they were done in about 10 minutes so keep an eye on them or they will burn. Thanks for the post.