Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is very simple and tasty. It is great for mid week meals. For the tomato sauce you can substitute for your favorite pasta sauce. These can be made in small bowls for individual servings.
- 8 ounces pasta
- 1 1⁄2 cups ricotta cheese
- 10 ounces frozen spinach (thawed and drained)
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Tomato sauce - Combine the tomatoes, garlic salt, chili flakes, basil, oregano and rosemary.
- Combine the cooked pasta with spinach, ricotta and nutmeg.
- Place the pasta in a dish and top with tomato sauce. Bake in oven at 350F for 15-20 minutes. Serve with fresh ground black pepper and parmasan.
We loved this recipe. It was a less-labor-intensive and less-caloric way to make something that tasted very much like lasagna. I added a bit of parsley and garlic to the ricotta and spinach mixture, but it was otherwise made as posted.
This was great and very comforting too! I cut it in 1/2 - but now wish I didn't! I also then did a little more pasta, otherwise followed exactly. It's a keeper - thank you.
This was delicious. I was looking for a way to use up the spinach and canned tomatoes I had in the freezer, and all I had to buy for this recipe was the ricotta and the pasta. It took me like 15 minutes to get it ready for the oven, not counting the cook time for the pasta. The only change I made was to the tomato sauce. I added a little chicken stock and chopped onion. The only change I will make next time is to add salt to the spinach-cheese mixture and to double the sauce. But I will definitely make this again. Thanks for posting it!