Recipe by Sue Lau
This is a very refreshing salad. It is also great made with mixed baby greens or mesclun.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
What a great salad! I don't usually buy spinach since I am the only one in the family that eats it, but I pick some up and this salad was a great way to have it. I did add some craisins, croutons, and gorgonzola cheese (after the picture of the original recipe) and about double the pumpkin seeds (my usual salad toppings) and it was great. Will make again. Made for I Recommend Tag.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 5 cups stemmed baby spinach leaves, washed and dried (may substitute mixed baby greens)
- 1 cup cherries or 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped scallion
- 1 cup alfalfa sprout
- 1⁄2 cup shelled pumpkin seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together vinegar and oil and add salt, pepper and mustard until it is well blended.
- Toss with the spinach until the leaves are nicely coated.
- Toss again with the tomatoes and the scallions.
- Place salad portions in bowls, garnish with a small amount of alfalfa sprouts, sprinkle with pumpkin seeds, and serve.